Thursday, November 28, 2013

Assessing Meaning Learning!

I believe that the technology based rubrics makes things a lot easier because it takes the guessing out of the game, especially when it comes to figuring out how our class grades are calculated.  The way that grades are calculated today is by a grading rubric tool, which most teachers use because it calculates the percentages for you so that you don’t have to do any of the work yourself.  I love the clicker assessment tools because it gives students the chance to do an unusual way of learning by actually wanting to learn because by using the clicker assessment tools, quizzes can actually be fun instead of boring because when things are boring in class most students don’t want to learn nor even listen to the teacher.  Plus the clicker assessment tools is a great way that teachers can receive an immediate feedback, that’s positive and the teacher can adjust the instructions or anything else if need be necessary.  But when it comes to the inspiration or kidspiration software, I just don’t understand the purpose of what it does to help teachers in the classroom today.  The inspiration and or kidspiration software just confused me because I couldn’t find enough information about it to really understand what it’s all about. 
 
Technology today is a very fast, growing resource that will never stop expanding because it keeps on improving as time goes on.  This class has definitely opened up my eyes to finding new things to incorporate into my classroom, especially if what I find can help any student to succeed even more than they already are.  There are a couple of Web 2.0 tools that I know that I’ll use on a regular basis in my classroom because I want to be one of those teachers that does lessons in unusual ways because students learn better when they are incorporated into the teachings during class.  The Wallwisher is my favorite web 2.0 tool that I will most likely use in my classroom when I start to teach because it’s like using sticky notes but without the mess of all the paper.  Technology is this wonderful thing that never stops growing but also never stops from making me love technology anymore than I already do.
           

2 comments:

  1. Hello Colby! I agree with what you said about how technology is always growing with time. I also will be taking a few web 2.0 tools with me to the classroom. I did not know about Wallwisher, very neat I will have to use this tool as well. Good luck in the future. You will be a great teacher.

    Travis Hayes

    ReplyDelete
  2. First off I like the background just thought I'd throw that one out there. I agree with your comment about the rubrics they really take the guessing out of the game. That is one of the reasons I really like them as well. I'll have to check out Wallwisher myself it seems pretty cool. Good luck in the future when you become a teacher I'm sure you'll do great. Awesome post!

    Colton Reynolds

    ReplyDelete